As Coronavirus continues to spread and government advice shifts, businesses are quickly preparing employees to begin working from home. We’re here to help our customers manage this shift to home working.
As Number 10 directs the UK workforce to work from home, where possible, its critical to ensure that your business is prepared, reducing the impact on operations as much as possible.
The World’s Largest Work From Home Experiment
According to Bloomberg, Coronavirus has kicked off the world’s largest work-from-home experiment. This is where we can help. We’re standing with our customers facing this challenge, working hard to minimise the impact on their businesses.
How We’re Supporting Our Customers
We are supporting our customers to continue ‘business as usual’. We’re working hard providing work from home solutions that allow office based employees to:
- safely and easily access work and email
- answer customer calls on their mobiles
- easily contact all colleagues through telephone, email and messaging
- collaborate and share files – allowing colleagues to work together as is they were in the office
- take part in telephone and video conference meetings
Who Should Work From Home?
The governments stringent new measures advise that everyone should work from home where possible to combat the spread of coronavirus. This creates practical issues for employers and employees.
Key Questions – What Do I Need To Think About?
For your people who can work from home, it is time to consider some key questions
- Do your employees have a good internet connection, how strong is it?
- Will your employees be taking office PC’s home to work from? If so, how close is the employee’s workspace to their router? Will they need a Wi-Fi adapter?
- Do they have a company laptop available updated with cyber security software?
- If the employee experiences any IT issues, who do they contact?
- Have you thought about whether you need a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection to your company servers?
- What tools will your employees need to work remotely?
For Employers: Remote Working Audit & Checklist
To help you determine how you can set up your employees to work from home, our Employee Remote Working Audit & Checklist can help.
Supporting Your Users
When introducing new technology or a new way of working, it can be a good idea to provide some FAQs and guides to make the transition as smooth as possible.
When setting up remote working practices for employees you can expect to experience some IT issues as each user set up will be different. You must be ready to resolve these issues as they occur to ensure they can work effectively and support your business.
This is certainly a challenging time. Employers have a lot to consider and are under pressure to react quickly; to keep employees and the wider community safe and to continue to operate. If you would like advice on setting up remote working for employees get in touch, our team will be happy to help.
Simplifying Business Since 1998
Here at Curveball Solutions, we can help your business in a variety of ways. We offer a range of IT Services & Solutions including Cloud Computing, Cloud Hosted Telephony, Cloud Backups, IT Security, Remote Network Monitoring, Connectivity Solutions, Wireless Leased Lines, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Fleet & Asset Management, Infrastructure Management and 3cx Phone Systems, plus lots more – all fully bespoke to your businesses needs. Contact us today to see how we can help your business!